January 21, 2015
Ingenico Group, Beamm launch EMV-Certified Tablet POS Solution
Atlanta, GA--Ingenico Group, the global leader in seamless payment, and Beamm, Inc., makers of intelligent cloud-connected POS and commerce technology for small businesses, launched today a new multi-channel commerce solution for small business owners. Called the ‘smart tabletPOS’ and available immediately, it combines powerful tablet POS software integrated with cloud-based tools to help merchants ring up sales, manage their business, engage customers and drive revenue.
Typically, tablet POS systems designed for small businesses are not capable of integrating with a merchant’s existing terminals, forcing merchants to use a particular processor. smart tabletPOS is the first to enable merchants to leverage their existing stand-alone terminals and acquirer relationships, and to improve their business operations.
“Small businesses face unique POS challenges,” said Rod Hometh, Senior Vice President, Market Development for Ingenico Group North America, “especially as they prepare for the October 2015 EMV liability shift. Our smart tabletPOS enables small business owners to process EMV, NFC and mag stripe transactions without breaking the bank. It has a small and familiar form factor and the latest security features including point-to-point-encryption and tokenization, and is backed by Ingenico Group’s 30 years’ experience in payment innovation plus the small business prowess of Beamm.”
smart tabletPOS combines an Ingenico iCT terminal, Beamm’s smart iPad POS application and management tools, a tablet stand, and cash drawer to provide a complete EMV-certified, in-store POS solution that is Apple Pay and Google Wallet ready. It is being sold through Ingenico Group’s existing distribution networks. Ingenico Group and Beamm are demonstrating smart tabletPOS at the Northeast Acquirers Association Conference, taking place January 21, 2015 at the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel.
The new smart tabletPOS combines the advantages of a stand-alone terminal in the small business environment with the capabilities of an internet-connected tablet POS system to deliver a unique combination of familiarity, functionality and forward-thinking business management tools. Features include:
– A semi-integrated platform: Card data does not enter the POS; instead, transactions are routed securely through the PCI-certified Ingenico iCT terminal. The tablet environment and POS application may be removed from scope of certain PCI programs.
– EMV and P2PE: The Ingenico iCT terminal supports EMV and P2PE, and is certified for EMV Level 1 & 2 and PCI 3.0.
– Cloud-based inventory: Real-time inventory with stock alerts and support for multi-variant products across multiple locations.
– Integrated data analytics: Merchants can access real-time, cloud-based analytics on sales, products and employee performance.
– Integrated promotions engine: Create and simultaneously deliver promotions to Facebook, Twitter and the Beamm customer mobile app.
– Mobile Ordering: Enables merchants to offer their customers mobile ordering using Beamm’s Customer Mobile App.
“At Beamm, our mission is to provide the most innovative Cloud POS tools coupled with the smartest security. When we sought to expand upon our tablet POS offering with an EMV- and NFC-compliant reader, Ingenico Group was our top choice for a partner,” said Vish Talreja, CEO at Beamm. “No one has more experience with EMV than Ingenico, and their security features lead the market. We’re excited to bring this joint offering to our small business customers.”